An english girl who after six months in the french mountains, has left for Italia, the beautiful country. My thoughts on leaving life as I know it and beyond! Join me as I embark on a life with lots of adventure and a lack of heels!!!!

Saturday 2 April 2011

day 4


Day 4
Starter, Spicy roast pumpkin soup.

I love making soup! I love the chopping, the stirring, the blending….  I find the whole process very satisfying. And the variations and flavours are endless.  I never understand why people are scared of making soup? It’s so easy.

This soup is particularly good, hearty and flavoursome with a bit of spice! I am not a huge fan of ridiculously spicy foods that are so hot you lose the flavour but I like a little kick and the warmth you get with some subtle flavouring.

I cut the pumpkin (approx. 200g) into chunks, oil & season and roast in a hot oven until cooked. Meanwhile I peel & dice a large carrot, a large potatoe and an onion, I then soften these off over a medium heat, then a cover the vegetables with some stock (chicken or veg will do), add approx. 100ml coconut milk (can add more if needed), and then add a heaped teaspoon of red thai curry paste. Once all cooked through add the roasted pumpkin allow to simmer for 10 minutes then blend.  Et voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I really hope that you enjoyed it! I would love to hear your comments.
E xx