2 squash, I used one butternut and one harlequin.
1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
2 medium potaoes.
3 garlic cloves.
1 tbsp fennel seeds.
1 ltr of boullion vegetable stock.
Salt and pepper to season.
- 1st pre-heat the oven to 200, meanwhile cut the squash in half, remove seeds and season.
- Place in oven proof dish and roast for approx 30/40 mins until soft.
- Whilst the squash is roasting dice the potatoes, slice the garlic, grind the fennel seeds and make up your stock.
- Add the potatoes, garlic, stock and tomatoes to a large pan, bring to a boil then simmer for 20 mins.
- Add your ground fennel seeds.
- By now your squash should be done so scoop the flesh out (mind your fingers, hot stuff!) and add to the pot.
- Simmer for 10 more minutes, then remove from the heat and blend!
- Season to taste and enjoy with some crusty bread.
Hope you like it! e xx