An english girl who after six months in the french mountains, has left for Italia, the beautiful country. My thoughts on leaving life as I know it and beyond! Join me as I embark on a life with lots of adventure and a lack of heels!!!!

Tuesday 29 March 2011

hello!


So what’s new? Not much really. Been bloody boiling hot for a ski resort, +16 last week some days and this you can imagine makes for a very slushy, dripping, muddy place. These are the spring scenes you don’t see advertised. But hey ho it is spring I suppose.

The problem (I know another one, I am always moaning, I’m not THAT miserable honest!) with this warm weather is what to wear. I am sick to the back teeth of wearing dreary winter clothes and boots are just too bloody hot, but unless I trot out in my 6 inch platforms or my gym trainers, boots are my only option. Aghh..

I love spring clothes, and I had’nt given it a second thought that I would miss practically all of spring, but here it is (a month early for here, typical) and it feels odd being in jeans and boots in blazing sunshine. I don’t like it. I want a skirt with shoes, or even jeans with some shoes, just shoes and anything else resembling spring in the wardrobe department! And speaking of all things spring like Lil’ sis sent me a fabulous surprise package of trashy magazines and chocolate (!!) so I am even more desperate for new shoes and lovely summery things now after reading through those!!!

So with the sun shining, the snow melting and with thoughts of warmer climes and less clothing about my person I decided enoughs enough no more excuses, off to the gym and back to being veggie. This French diet of meat and copious amounts of dairy just does not bode well with me. I have now seen exactly what difference it makes to me personally and I don’t like it, so pass the lentils back over here!! I have mentioned before that I don’t think skiing and resort living in general is good for the female figure (or sanity at times!!) and it was proved this week when I went to the gym. Although I have been skiing on average 3-4 days a week for 4 months and trying (hard to motivate oneself at times) to do my pilates and yoga at home. Having been a fan of gym going before we moved, (not for hardly any other reason than vanity and an occasional endorphin rush!) I must admit I have missed going and my figure has most definitely missed it!

So off I trudged last Wednesday and to my surprise my fitness levels were much improved, so I am now convinced under my layer of meat & cheese fat there must be a toned, fit physique!! I was quite proud that I managed to run 4 kilometers straight off in 30 minutes when I have not done any such exercise in all that time. And at altitude which definitely makes (all) things harder. So after an hour’s workout I trotted off home all pleased with myself only to wake the next day in total agony, especially my lower legs, even after all my stretching!! 3 days later I am still sore so I think that proves my theory entirely that skiing is not enough exercise if you do not want to end up with a chalet girl’s arse!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I really hope that you enjoyed it! I would love to hear your comments.
E xx